Monday, November 13, 2006

Falcons, Sidewalk Preachers, and BUI

I have no classes Fridays this semester. That being said I see no point in me making an appearance on campus if it means I have to bike there. This past week I had to get to campus Friday to attend to some business and well, my friends Penn State is a whole new world on Fridays.
After making the drop and sneaking through a building Solid Snake style I was going to prepare for an intense day of running and training. Food, need food to burn off and so I quested for pizza as it is clearly the closest we will ever get to ambrosia. The apple I just ate was terrible, I thought you should all know. Moving on, headed back to campus I run into a friendly sidewalk preaching guy and decide I should hang around and listen to what he's got to say. After about 5 minutes I decided that I had no idea what message this guy was trying to convey so I went over to talk with him after hiding my Jesus fish. You know, just so the experience would be more fun than it already was going to be.
The man's name was Jason. He had been "saved" 10 years ago and wanted to spread the word to others so that they too may see that they need to be "saved" and that the only way to do that was by accepting Jesus Christ so that they could be absolved of their sins. Well, I had no issue with him wanting to spread the good word but I did have issues with his method. He was also leaving out a lot of what it's all about and that just wasn't cool with me. Good thing some philosophical prick with a taste for logic and making people use it to defend themselves appeared to interrupt my conversation and harass Jason for the next half hour. It was an interesting conversation as both sucked at what they were doing. Mystery guy was trying to go socratic on Jason but kept forgetting the steps to that system and well just looked like another idiot who wanted to argue against the beliefs of others. Jason was too busy defending God and Jesus rather than trying to tell the guy something who could use. It was all just a waste of time. In the end Jason had to head to work and so I told him that I can't agree with his style but regardless of what I said he would not sway. He told me to think about everything and so I pulled out my Jesus fish and told him I already did and then headed on my way.
It is ridiculously hot in this comp. lab. It's nice at first but what the heck. So freaken hot....
On my way back from getting some batteries I noticed a man just staring at a tree. I decided to stare with him and there I saw a falcon, or a hawk. Just sitting in a tree near Old Main. Clearly it was an attack falcon sent by molemen to do some scouting. As I walked by I locked eyes with the bird. I raised my hand and pointed to my left eye and I think it got the message as there have been no mole men attacks.
After a rousing Navigators meeting and some hanging out for getting some cheap food I was setting off on my way to bike home at the fine hour of 1am. As I fought to get my bike free from the hold of another bike on top of it, a nearby guy offered me help and get the other bike off of mine. We found out that the bike wasn't locked down and so the guy looks at me and asks me if I think he should ride it. I look at him and the bike and say "Well I thought about it but I don't know" He just looks at me and says hes going to do it but then finds out that the wheel is stuck and asks me to help him because he is "so wasted" As I walk over to see whats up I get hit with the oh so pleasant smell of alcohol comin off of this guy. I tell him that the wheel spokes are all torn up and bent out of place and he resolves that he's just going to go because he needs to get down town. And so he peddaled off into the darkness.
I think I helped a drunk man steal a bike. I don't imagine that he got very far.
Hoorah for Penn State on Fridays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home