Monday, December 14, 2009

I Landed on my Bible

Romans 5
Peace and Joy
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

I flipped my car over yesterday on the way to church. My bible took a hit and I lost a good chunk of psalms. If you're wondering, no it's not fun to do. My car is done but I am not so I rejoice. God protected me and decided that it was not time for us to hang out together. That would've been nice but how satisfying it is to know that I have purpose here. I am granted time to pursue passions in my life and to live. Isn't that what this world needs? People who've come to life? God does not desire for us to simply exist but for us to live.

As the world around us demands that we exist in it and work for it, we slowly die from that. The world exists for us. Do you get a fish tank and arrange it with the purpose of having the fish meet the need of the tank? No, the tank exists for the fish and so everything in it is serves the fish. We are made to live in this world because it was made for us. Let us pursue passions and live life as grandly as God would want it of us. How to do that is something we must take the time to figure out but I gurantee God will help you every step of the way.

Well that's all I've got, now I'm off to take a vicadin for the pain and be off with my day.

3 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger TJM said...

Nice job, keep on posting, brother. It is good to see you pick up an old habit - one that'll serve you well on cold winter nights as THE MAN IN MAPLE. Ciao!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger NYKnight said...

That is very profound and inspiring!

HC

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger NYKnight said...

Very profound and inspiring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home